By Ngome Michael

The September 2-6 and 9-13 lockdowns in the two English speaking regions of Cameroon brought different reactions and feelings in various localities in Fako division of the South West region.

Aimed at disrupting effective school resumption in the two crisis ravaged Anglophone regions, saparatist forces declared a two-week lockdown in Anglophone Cameroon.

Despite government’s attempts to forestall separatists’ moves, the said shutdown was largely observed in Buea and its environs.

In most administrative locations in Buea such as Clerk’s Quarters, D.O’s office and the Buea Council area, activities went on normally. Some shops in these areas were open while some commercial taxi drivers plied the town, though they charged more than the usual fares.

Molyko, an area hosting the state’s university, was filled with university students who had to sit in for resit examinations.

TWIF NEWS spoke to some inhabitants in Fako, to get their experience during the lockdown. “I can say it’s a little bit better as compared to the previous lockdown, because we are now allowed to farm and little military arrest; they frequently come but cause no fear to us,” an inhabitant of Tole village said.

The same atmosphere was recorded in Wotutu, a locality close to Limbe with alleged gunshots towards the end of week one.

It was a more tense atmosphere even before the lockdown in Ekona, as this inhabitant told TWIF NEWS: “I had to flee due to increasing threats from separatist fighters and frequent sporadic gunshots from both armed sets [military and separatists]. One of my friends who felt the bush was safe informed me that it’s now worse.”

Ekona has been a serious battleground since the Anglophone crisis escalated into an armed conflict. Mutengene which had been calm was deprived of it’s tranquility, as the lockdown met it’s closing hours.

Contact TWIF NEWS for ADVERTS and other information via: +237674667038